Insurance Term:

Property Insurance

Property Insurance

Property insurance includes coverage for risks to property. Common types of property insurance include renters’, homeowners’, flood, and earthquake insurance. It also can include business interruption insurance to provide income loss if your business must close due to a covered event.

What are the types of property insurance?

Property insurance policies include:

  • All-risk policies, which cover a range of incidents with some exclusions listed.
  • Peril-specific policies, which cover losses only for perils listed in the policy, such as fire, flood or theft.
  • Liability insurance also is included in some property insurance policies. This protects against the risk that someone not living with you is injured on your property.

Learn more about why you need property insurance as a landlord.

Back to all