Insurance Term:

Ordinance or law insurance

Ordinance or law insurance

Ordinance or law insurance covers the cost to upgrade or repair, replace or rebuild a home to current building codes if it is fully or partially destroyed due to an event covered by insurance.

How do I get ordinance or law insurance coverage?

Ordinance or law insurance coverage can be part of commercial property and homeowners insurance policies.

What types of repairs are included in ordinance or law coverage?

Building codes associated with electrical wiring, weatherproofing, fire safety, and plumbing are among the changes commonly updated in state or local codes.

Do I need ordinance or law coverage?

If your home is older, it is more likely it would need to be upgraded to meet the latest building codes or ordinances. Homes built more recently might need fewer adaptations.

Back to all
Instant landlord insurance quotes.
Get a quote